Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kathleen Powers Dolney, running for Painesville City School Board

Dolney cited improving accountability, transparency and visibility in the district as her top priorities for the school board.
Although she has no elected office experience, Dolney has served the Painesville School District for 23 years as an English teacher and counselor. She has worked in several other school districts in different capacities, including as an adjunct professor at Lakeland Community College.
She has lived in Painesville for 17 years and cites her familiarity with the district as reason to be elected.
“Voters should elect me because I have dedicated my career to public education in Northeastern Ohio. I am known for my dedication and strong work ethic,” she wrote in her News-Herald questionnaire. “As a twenty-three year employee of Painesville City Local Schools, I know the unique challenges we face. I was born and raised in Painesville and know the community.”
Dolney is retired.


-- Caitlin Fertal, The News-Herald article from Oct. 17, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment